Who we are?
Uwezo Tanzania is a registered independent NGO under NGO Act No. 24 of 2002 with registration number 00NGO/R/09001. Uwezo meaning “capability” in Swahili.
Uwezo’s main function has been to generate data and curate evidence on actual literacy and numeracy competency levels among children aged 6-16 years in a manner that informs the public, stimulates countrywide debate, and creates pressure for policy change from the bottom-up. Uwezo has also used the assessment evidence to experiment and conduct innovative interventions that demonstrate what works to improve learning outcomes especially on literacy and numeracy skill.
Where are we located?
We are at 85k Suites, Kinondoni Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, for more information visit our website, www.uwezotanzania.or.tz.
Internship position- Communication-Job descriptions
We are looking for a young graduate who is ready to learn more on Communications activities to support producing various communications products specifically for RISE Project.
1. Holder of Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Mass communication or other related social science courses from recognized University.
2. At least 2 years’ experience working in the communication sector
3. Knowledge of computer application software including Microsoft office (power point, Publisher and word), Adobe photo shop, Affinity design and others
4. Good English and Swahili speaking and writing skills, knowledge in document translation.
5. Photo, video production and editing.
6. Web and social media analytics, social media content, graphic design, media relations, digital asset management, event coordination and other communications activities.
7. Understanding of the education context in Tanzania and able to analyses statistical data.
8. Flexibility to cope in a new situation, confidence and creative thinking.
9. Some knowledge in leadership
General tasks: Support Uwezo Tanzania activities as guided by the Communication Lead and the Executive Director while being proactive to learn for professional development.
1.Review research reports on foundational learning for children and document key themes for learning crisis.
2.Support to design and produce Communication Products in different formats for posting in social Media like twitter, Facebook, website, LinkedIn and other platforms.
3.Assist in translation of research report and key educational message for foundational learning to fit the expected objectives.
4.Communicate with partners, educational stakeholders and media platforms to share organization communications on education themes.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application Letter and Curriculum Vitae through firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application for this position is 12th October, 2022. Only successfully applicants will be contacted.