Terms of Reference (ToR)
Uwezo Tanzania is a Non-Governmental Organization with registration number 00NGO/R/09001 registered under the Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Act, 2002 on 10 January 2020. Uwezo Tanzania is committed to improve competencies in literacy and numeracy among children in Tanzania through an innovative, citizen driven and public accountability approach to social change. For more information visit our website (www.uwezotanzania.or.tz ).
Uwezo is looking to engage a consultant to support in data analysis and produce the Functional Literacy Assessment report. In year 2021 Uwezo conducted a unique assessment to assess Functional Literacy for the young adults aged 14- 20 years for the purpose of finding out their status and uses of basic literacy and numeracy and other aspects important for daily life. The assessment was conducted in one district and reached 30 enumeration areas, 600 households and more than 700 young adults.
1. In collaboration with Uwezo Research and Innovation Officer conduct data cleaning and analysis from raw assessment dataset and submit to cleaned dataset in SPSS/STATA/Excel format.
2. Prepare dummy table as per variables given by Uwezo Tanzania.
3. Extract and share tables and graphs for the research report variables.
4. Produce error free assessment report of 15-20 pages in editable format.
5. Use feedback from Uwezo to review, revise and finalize the report, allow up to 4 round edits.
• This assignment will be for a maximum of 60 working days between March and April 2023.
• The consultant shall commence working immediately after signing the contract. He/she will work closely with Uwezo Research and Innovation Unit.
• A well detailed work plan with timelines should be submitted to Uwezo along with other documents at the time you submit your Application.
• The error free Functional Literacy assessment report of 15-20 pages in editable format, shall be submitted to Uwezo for review and approval.
1. Teaching experience on education sector especially primary schools.
2. Master’s degree and above in the field of Education, social science or research.
3. Proven experience in participation of large scale education survey and report writing.
4. Possess skills in data collection and analysis by using different software such as STATA, SPSS, NVIVO and excel.
5. Report writing skills and has published report in any academic journals.
6. Excellent communication skills in English both in speaking and writing.
7. Minimum of five (5) years documented work experience in the area of data analysis and research report writing.
How to apply
Application material should include:
1. A curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experiences only.
2. A two-page expression of interest and a well detailed work plan with timelines.
3. A technical proposal with a financial summary.
4. Samples of similar past work ( 2 samples only)
Submit the application materials to, firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 March,2023.