Vacancy Announcement – Research and Innovation Intern at UwezoTanzania
Who we are?
Uwezo Tanzania is a registered independent NGO under NGO Act No. 24 of 2002 with registration number 00NGO/R/09001. Uwezo meaning “capability” in Swahili. Uwezo’s main function has been to generate data and curate evidence on actual literacy and numeracy competency levels among children aged 6-16 years in a manner that informs the public, stimulates countrywide debate, and creates pressure for policy change from the bottom-up. Uwezo has also used the assessment evidence to experiment and conduct innovative intervention that demonstrate what works to improve learning outcomes especially on literacy and numeracy skill.
Where are we located?
We are at 85k Suites, Kinondoni Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, for more information visit our website, www.uwezotanzania.or.tz
Research and Innovation Intern – Job description.
1. Knowledge on project proposal, research report and field report writing.
2. Experience and have research skills for assessment tools development, data collections skills, analysis and report writing.
3. Flexibility to cope in a new situation, confidence and creative thinking.
4. Able to facilitate and lead a team.
5. Knowledge of computer application software including Microsoft office (word, excel, and database).
6. Well understanding on research tools including mobile apps like Kobo collect, Google form, computer application software for both qualitative and quantitative packages like SPSS, STATA, NVIVO.
7. Good English and Swahili speaking and writing skills.
General tasks: Support Uwezo Tanzania activities as guided by the responsible officer and the Executive Director while being proactive to learn for professional development.
1. Support on development of research assessment tools for children age 5-16 years and young adults age 16-18 years.
2. Support in to conduct training for data collectors/ volunteers.
3. Monitor data collection process in the field.
4. Assist in translation of assessment tools and contextualize the tools to fit expected objectives.
5. Support in research report writing process and other field related reports as assigned by the supervisor
6. Set up tablets with mobile apps for data collections.
7. Communicate with partners to guide on implementing program as guided by Uwezo Tanzania policy and regulations.
8. Review financial retirement report and work report submitted.
9. Draft synopsis of funding opportunities to facilitate decision making on whether to pursue new grant and other external funding opportunities.
10. Work to support Senior Management Team and Technical Program Leads to identify funding opportunities.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application Letter and Curriculum Vitae through; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application for this position is 19th May, 2023. Only successfully applicants will be contacted. Vacancy is open to Tanzanian nationals only.